Dr Arun Dhir
Dr Arun Dhir
MS FRCS (Edinburgh UK) FRACS
Along with expertise in digestive health, Upper Gastrointestinal surgery and weight loss surgery, Dr Arun holds Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK (FRCS). Dr Dhir is an active member of the ANZ Association of Gastro Oesophageal surgeons (ANZGOSA) and ANZ society of Metabolic and Obesity Surgery (ANZMOSS). He has gained extensive surgical experience, having trained and operated in Australia and overseas.
Dr Arun performs Upper Gastro Intestinal and Weight Loss Surgery procedures in both Public and Private facilities.
Areas of Surgical Focus
- Weight loss surgery
- Metabolic Surgery for weight loss and diabetes
- Surgery for cancer of Stomach and Esophagus (gastric-cancer, oesophageal cancer)
- Surgery for gastric reflux disease including Hiatus Hernia repair
- General Surgery (Hernia Surgery, surgery for Appendicitis, Gall Bladder Surgery and more)
- Endoscopy/Endoscopic Surgery (Gastroscopy & Colonoscopy)
Dr Arun Dhir is also an Author and Clinical researcher with a keen interest in Gut Health and Gut Microbiome. His latest book “Happy Gut, Healthy Weight” outlines the role gut health plays in achieving and maintaining your healthy weight. Dr Arun has also come up with a journal “Creating a New You” to assist his clients develop new healthy habits.
Dr Arun publishes his newsletter and blogs on a regular basis has been latest article “Seven Types of Hunger” was recently published in the Herald Sun.
Health and Wellness
Dr Arun Dhir is also a Yoga and Meditation teacher registered with Yoga Australia. His clinical practice embodies an integrative approach towards individuals experiencing the scourge of gastrointestinal cancer and obesity. He is an engaging speaker and has spoken on many public forums. Dr Arun runs his own You Tube channel, where he shares insights in the area of mind-body and gut connection and how this translates into our health and wellbeing.
Current Research Projects
- Changes in gut microbiota following gastric bypass surgery and its correlation with change in associated medical conditions (diabetes, sleep apnoea and high cholesterol levels). A Dhir, Ashley Franks, Colleen Thomas ( La Trobe University)
- New onset Gastro esophageal reflux following Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy A Dhir, K Morri, DZLim
- Assessment of biliary microbiome in gall stone disease . A Dhir, L Vittetta (Univ of Sydney), J Park, C Duong
Dr Arun runs a regular Radical Wellness Program a 90 min live – mind, body, gut, heart and soul program focussing on creating lasting transformation using evidence based information, yoga and meditation.
G.I. Surgery, Laparoscopic, Robotic & Weight Loss Surgery
Dr Dhir’s vision is to provide holistic, world class treatment to patients with upper gastro intestinal and general surgical problems. He has a particular interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery and its application in weight loss surgery options for the morbidly obese. He also has a deep insight in the area of mind body and gut connection and how our lifestyle significantly influence our health and wellbeing.
- Masters in Surgery (MS)
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB)
- National Board Fellow (Minimal Access Surgery)
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSED)
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Foregut and Thoracic surgery, University of Southern California
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Professional Membership: ANZ Association of Gastro Oesophageals surgeons (ANZGOSA)
- IFSO (International Federation of Surgery for Obesity)
- GESA (Gastroenterology Society of Australia)
The Northern Hospital Epping
Senior Lecturer in Surgery, Monash University, Melbourne
North Park Private Hospital
Warringal Private Hospital
Knox Private Hospital
- Playing Music (keen drummer with some videos on his YouTube Channel)
- Connecting with people
Dr Arun is blessed to have two beautiful kids aged 14 and 12.